Sunday, July 28, 2024

There With A Legend

 

To be praised by a legend, one of the pillars of OPM is one thing, but to be invited to be a part of an OPM legend's concert is on another level. For younger artists, that is one of the greatest achievements one could ever ask for. As an A'tin who had never been a fan of Filipino music before finding out about SB19, I originally went to Mr. Avanzado's concert only to show support for my bias, but I truly enjoyed the whole concert. It was a first for me, and I did not know what to expect. By the night's end, I left the theater happy and satisfied.

One of the things I enjoyed was Dingdong's performance of Tatlong Bente Singko, which apparently was iconic in his time. Even my father asked if he performed it the day after. Another was Jayda's performance. I had no idea that she writes her own songs, too, and that she can sing. I guess that could be expected being the daughter of two iconic artists. However, there is something distinct about her voice and how she projects herself when she performs that I can't put my fingers into. All I can say is that she's pleasantly confident, elegant, and truly talented. It was truly a night to remember, especially for A'tin when Dingdong sang Go Up for the encore.


Click here to read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment